Web cam

WebCam link

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Evan tested Mom approved

When I was pregnant I would devour the internet looking for the best and most highly recommended baby products. Nothing made me happier than finding people's lists of baby's most needed products. And as Evan heads into his 5th month, I decided to make my own list. So here goes.

1.) Itzbeen Timer
I really found this little baby handy for me. Since Evan is my first baby I needed to learn his cues and cries. And I also wanted to figure out his feeding/sleeping/pooping schedule to report back to the doctor. I figure I can use it for timouts when he gets older too.
2.) The Miracle Blanket
We really loved the Miracle Blanket to swaddle lil man tight on his most colicy nights. It's the only way to wrap.
3.)  My Little Lamb Swing
We still use this swing and will continue to until he just won't fit anymore. It swings side to side or back and forth. When he was really little he would only swing front to back, now he swings side to side. We all really enjoy swing time.
4.) Angel Care Monitor
This really gives us piece of mind. This monitor alarms if it detects no movement after 20 seconds. It has never malfunctioned on us. We only know it works because we will pick Evan up and forget to turn it off. 20 seconds later there it goes. If you read the reviews on this product, everyone says the monitor that comes with it sucks and it does. We also have a cheap baby monitor and use that instead. Kinda pricey, but worth every penny for moms piece of mind.
5.) Medela Pump in Style
This pump is the only way to roll if you gotta pump. It's so quiet and gets the job done quickly. With a $300 price tag, it can be expensive, but you can always find these on Craigslist that have only been used like 2 or 3 times, for way cheap. Its so worth it cause you can buy replacement breast shields and bottles for super cheap. Plus when you buy from a store it comes standard with small breast shields and according to Medela's own website most women use a large or extra large shield. So you've got drop more dough. Kinda dumb right? I thought so too.
6.) Footy pajamas
These were a must for my kicky little man. I had a few of those gowns that were supposed to be great for middle of the night diaper changes. But what I would find in the middle of the night was a gown half way up his chest with freezing cold little toes. Plus he is so stinkin cute in these. Carters makes really cute ones.
7.) The Wash Pod
I love this bath bucket. I thought it was bizarre the first time I saw it, but I started reading reviews on Amazon and everyone said it was great for colicy babes, it reminds them of being back in the womb. And Evan loves it. There is a post on my blog somewhere on here of him splashing around in his bucket.
8.) Gerber Cloth Diapers
Evan's nanny uses these for when Evan spits up. They are just the best to use hands down.
9.) BumGenius Cloth Diapers
These are the best diapers to start cloth diapering with in my and many other moms opinion. They are Ron's favorite to use as well because some of the other kinds of cloth diapers are just too confusing for him to figure out.
10.) Baby Carrier
One of Ron's friends got us this Beco baby carrier. We would not have splurged for it ourselves. But it was great when Evan was so colicy and just wanted to be held close. Most days it was the only way to get him to sleep and stop crying.
11.) Latex Playtex Nipples
Once Evan Finally decided to use a bottle, the latex nipple is the only way to go as far as he is concerned. And it's the same with pacifiers. He didn't take a pacifier until he was 3 months old, and he will only take latex ones. Latex is supposed to be more like mom. Evan seems to agree.
12.) Rainforest Play Yard
Evan wouldn't really use this until he was over his colic phase (3 months) but now he loves it. He grabs ahold to his toys and chats with him for 20 mins.
13.) Rainforest Jumparoo
He did really like this from the moment I put him in it. His feet couldn't hit the bottom at first so we put the wii balance board under him so he can stand. He loves standing up so this is perfect for him.
14.) Giraffe Mat
This is what Evan uses for tummy time. It's so soft and fluffy and don't forget cute and totally fits into our giraffe motif.
15.) Cloud B Giraffe
I forgot to put this in my post on my obsession with giraffes. Don't know if it really works for him. But when his baby monitor is on, and I hear it through the monitor, I fall asleep. So win win.

I am sure I have much more and I can always post more. I'm thinking I'll do an Evan tested and NOT approved post. So look forward for that OK?

No comments: