Web cam

WebCam link

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

7 months old


I haven't really had a chance to update my blog lately bc I started back full time to work. And this whole working mom thing is hard. So the blog fell to the back of my priority list. But I do want to update it regularly bc I don't really have a paper journal of what all Evan is learning/doing now and how he is hitting all of his developmental milestones. So thats what the blog helps me do.


So back to it. Seven months old. Evan can sit up without assistance. He is figuring out how to crawl, but he hasn't taken off yet (thank goodness). He can pull to a stand. Stands by himself while holding on to objects with out falling.

He is eating so good now-a-days. For breakfast he eats oatmeal and a level 2 fruit. Lunch is level 2 veggie and a fruit. And for dinner it's usually a mixed veggie and protein and a fruit. His Favorite food by far is the Gerber banana and mixed berries. What can I say? The boo-man loves his berries.


Most days he naps pretty good. He has set his own schedule and he likes to stick to his routine. He wakes up with us around 5:30ish or so. Naps around 7:30 or 8ish for about 30 min - hr. Naps again around 12:30 or 1ish for an hour or hour and 1/2. Maybe a nap around 3ish before Daddy comes home. And promptly puts himself to bed around 7:30ish.

Now night times are ify. He may sleep from 7:30 til about 1 am and nurse and wakes again around 4ish to eat. But recently, I don't know if he is teething or me being back at work but he has really been fighting going to sleep. He screams and cries and throws the most awful tantrums. No matter how you try to hold him, rock him, or carry him he screams. I think he is very easily over stimulated with noise and he likes his quietness. He is the lightest sleeper ever! (unlike his auntie and her kids, I think you could throw a brick at them while they sleep, and they wouldn't budge!)


Another thing thats new; We have nicknamed Evan "Sir Poops-a-lot" bc the boy POOPs ALL THE TIME!
This is definitely a fun age. It seems every day he is doing something new. Oh yeah hes been babbling saying "Ma ma ma" and "Da da da"

Love me some baby hiney!

1 comment:

Camille Moenkhaus said...

first off : LOVE the booty pic :P heehee and that cute expression he's making, looking up out of the rubber ducky tub :) too cute!!

secondly : Don't hate cause my kids don't keep us up til 1AM!!