Web cam

WebCam link

Monday, December 21, 2009

Evan has arrived

Our sweet lil boy is here! Born Dec 21, 2009 @ 547am. 9lbs 1oz; 20 1/2 inches long.

So the story of labor is kind of a funny one. I was supposed to work the hospital Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Well I worked Friday, and I had a horrible day. 9 months pregnant and being as big as I was and working on a Neuro floor does not work! That night after work I could barely walk, I was having some severe cramps! I knew there was no way I was gonna make it Sat and Sun so I called in sick. Saturday I had some symptoms and I knew I would be having him soon. Then Sunday (keep in mind I was supposed to be working) we decided to see this year's blockbuster film Avatar. We went to the 4 o'clock 3D show. So, about halfway through the 3 hour movie, I started having painful contractions. But I liked the movie so much, that I didn't want to leave! So I made it all the way through the movie before I eventually told Ron that we need to go to the hospital. We left the movie and went home to get our hospital bag. Ron immediately started shaking and started dialing friends and family. When we got home I went and got the bags and wondered where Ron was. So I grabbed the luggage and went and sat in the car, in labor, by the way. I sat and sat wondering where Ron was. Then I heard banging around in the attic. I was furious at the time and wondered what in the world Ron could possibly need in the attic at a time like this. Apperently, Ron needed to fix the holes in the fence, so when we would be at the hospital while people were watching our house and dogs, the animals wouldn't run away through the holes. While he was patching up the holes in the fence (and I was hauling the luggage, waiting in the car, and BEING IN LABOR) Ron's phone broke, so he needed to crawl in the attic to get his back-up cell phone so he could finish calling everyone. We eventually got to the hospital and were accompanied by my mom, her boyfriend David, Camille and her husband Chris, and Jake. Ron's parents drove in from Memphis as soon as they got the call. And Jake's dad Mike came and waited with us for Evan's arrival. After several hours the Dr's decided we needed a C-section for the safety of the baby, so that is what we did. All I can really remember was staring into Ron's eyes and hearing the Dr's say "you are going to feel some pressure" then "Oh My! What a Huge Baby!" then the best sound ever...... "Waaaahhhhh!!!!!"

No comments: